|Published:||Nov 08, 2010 4:53 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 08, 2010 1:54 PM EST|
THONOTOSASSA, Fla. (AP) - Hillsborough County Sheriff's deputies say a 17-month old boy was hit and killed by a neighbor's car.
The accident happened Monday morning. Officials say little Ulysiss Franklin and his mother, Shanita Clarrit, were in the driveway of their apartment complex.
Officers say 31-year-old Marcel D. Walsh pulled out of the driveway and did not see the child.
The boy was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead. Deputies are still investigating the case.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral