|Published:||Nov 05, 2010 4:19 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 05, 2010 1:19 AM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - A pregnant Fort Myers woman was shot 13 times. Amazingly, she survived, and is recovering at Lee Memorial Hospital. Now, her family is trying to figure out why she was targeted.
Early this morning, Lauren Graziano told investigators a dark vehicle drove past her and someone started shooting. At one point, she said the shooter got out of the vehicle and shot at her again.
Graziano was struck by 13 bullets - 2 in the left thigh, 4 in the left calf, 2 in the right calf, 1 in the right hip, and 4 in the right arm. First, she told deputies it happened in front of her residence on Glenwood Avenue in Fort Myers.
But she later changed her story, saying it happened at Wallace Avenue and State Road 82 in Lehigh Acres. The reason being, Graziano is under house arrest and didn't want to get in trouble for being out.
Neighbors in Lehigh say they didn't hear a thing. "Being shot 13 times is pretty crazy," Eric Bernhartt said. It's not the best area in Fort Myers, you know, it's pretty crazy."
Others suspect it may not have even happened there. "I was shocked when I heard it on the news today," Lucinda Thomas said. "It ain't happened here, cause I'd have heard it. We'd have heard it. My sister and I, my nieces, my daughter. We'd have heard it if it happened."
Graziano told investigators she didn't get a good look at the shooter. Her mother suspects there was a motive behind the shooting. She's begging anyone who has any information to report it to the Sheriff's Office.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story