|Published:||Nov 05, 2010 10:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 05, 2010 5:02 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - A babysitter accused of killing a 7 month old child made her first appearance in a Lee County court today.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office says Maria Guadalupe Corsa-Hernandez was taking care of David Landron when he reportedly began to choke on food.
Rescue crews flew the infant to the hospital where he died.
Detectives say they later discovered the baby actually suffered massive head trauma consistent with being shaken.
Officails say Corsa-Hernandez was the only person with he baby at the time of the injuries.
She is now charged with one count of felony murder and one count of aggravated child abuse.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army