|Published:||Nov 05, 2010 4:40 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 04, 2010 11:00 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - On Wednesday, November 03, 2010, at approximately 3:40 P.M., deputies with the Lee County Sheriff's Office responded to Healthpark Medical Center, located at 9981 South Healthpark Drive, Fort Myers, in reference to the death of a seven-month old infant, identified as David Landron (DOB 3/18/10). Deputies learned the infant had been in the care of a babysitter, identified as Maria Guadalupe Corsa-Hernandez (DOB 8/24/75), of 238 Milwaukee Boulevard, Lehigh Acres, when he reportedly began to choke on his food. Emergency personnel responded to Corsa-Hernandez’s home to administer life saving measures. The infant was then flown to the hospital, where he died a short time later.
Due to the nature of the incident, detectives assigned to the Lee County Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Unit assumed the investigation. The investigation revealed that Landron had actually suffered massive head trauma and injuries consistent with being shaken. Corsa-Hernandez was the only person with Landron when the injuries occurred.
Based on the information gathered during the investigation, Maria Guadalupe Corsa-Hernandez has been charged with one count of Felony Murder, a Capitol Offense, and one count of Aggravated Child Abuse. She has been transported to the Lee County Jail.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim