|Published:||Nov 04, 2010 4:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 04, 2010 1:45 PM EDT|
PORT ORANGE, Fla. (AP) - A Florida Highway Patrol trooper sustained minor injuries when authorities say another driver ran a red light and crashed into his cruiser in Volusia County.
FHP reports that Trooper John Stuart was making a left turn at an intersection Wednesday afternoon when 71-year-old Maryann Muessig, who was coming from the opposite direction, ran the light and hit the patrol car.
Muessig's Buick then reportedly hit a pickup truck, which was then rear-ended by a sport utility vehicle. All the drivers reportedly sustained minor injuries.
Muessig was cited with running a red light.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers