|Published:||Nov 04, 2010 11:43 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 04, 2010 8:43 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A new arrest report uncovers more details into the brutal murders of two Southwest Florida men. Brian Casey was back in front of a judge on Thursday, now charged with two different murders occurring within five days time.
Casey is being held at the Lee County Jail, accused of murdering both Ryan Vanderson and Larrick Sikes in October.
Casey's now charged for the murder of Larrick Sikes. Sikes' burnt, beaten body was found off Luckett Road Extension on October 19th. That's just days after Ryan Vanderson, a South Fort Myers salesman, was shot to death inside his home. Casey allegedly then returned to torch the house.
"I'm sure the question is going to be, how are Sikes and Vanderson related, and the answer is they're not," investigators said Wednesday.
An arrest report released Thursday reveals more details in Sikes' brutal death. According to the report, a witness was told Larrick Sikes was killed by someone putting a zip tie over his neck while he sat in the seat of a vehicle and pulling it tight. The report details the hours before Sikes death, indicating he may have been at the wrong end of a drug deal.
"Casey didn't particulary care for the other guy, for Sikes, and that's the reason he was murdered," investigators said.
Also charged in the murder- Daniel "Chico" Ventura, a self-proclaimed drug dealer. The investigation revealed Sikes possibly turned "Chico" in to authorities a few weeks before his murder. On Thursday, Ventura showed little emotion to his charges of first degree murder.
"No big deal, see you in court. Alright sir, thank you," Ventura told a judge on Thursday.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico