|Published:||Nov 04, 2010 4:46 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 04, 2010 1:47 PM EDT|
OKEECHOBEE, Fla. (AP) - An Okeechobee County Jail inmate was found dead from an apparent suicide.
The sheriff's office reports that 35-year-old Kerrie Michelle Howard was found hanging in her cell early Wednesday morning. She was facing a DUI manslaughter charge for a 2009 crash that killed 25-year-old Derrick Jace Rogers. She had been at the jail since March, when her bond had been revoked because of drug charges.
The St. Lucie County medical examiner's office confirmed later Wednesday that Howard died of asphyxiation from the hanging.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after lengthy situation in St. James City
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Immokalee firefighters donate new bikes after damaging one
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Stolen puppy returned to Pensacola pet store