|Published:||Nov 04, 2010 4:46 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 04, 2010 1:47 PM EDT|
OKEECHOBEE, Fla. (AP) - An Okeechobee County Jail inmate was found dead from an apparent suicide.
The sheriff's office reports that 35-year-old Kerrie Michelle Howard was found hanging in her cell early Wednesday morning. She was facing a DUI manslaughter charge for a 2009 crash that killed 25-year-old Derrick Jace Rogers. She had been at the jail since March, when her bond had been revoked because of drug charges.
The St. Lucie County medical examiner's office confirmed later Wednesday that Howard died of asphyxiation from the hanging.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras