|Published:||Nov 04, 2010 4:46 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 04, 2010 1:47 PM EDT|
OKEECHOBEE, Fla. (AP) - An Okeechobee County Jail inmate was found dead from an apparent suicide.
The sheriff's office reports that 35-year-old Kerrie Michelle Howard was found hanging in her cell early Wednesday morning. She was facing a DUI manslaughter charge for a 2009 crash that killed 25-year-old Derrick Jace Rogers. She had been at the jail since March, when her bond had been revoked because of drug charges.
The St. Lucie County medical examiner's office confirmed later Wednesday that Howard died of asphyxiation from the hanging.
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County
- Lee deputies investigating shooting on Bokeelia