|Published:||Nov 04, 2010 2:48 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 04, 2010 11:48 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - There are an estimated 3,400 homeless people in Lee County. On November 9, 2010 the Lee County Board of Commissioners will declare November 14-20 as National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week.
You can support the cause by attending the 6th Annual Dinner and Silent Auction on November 8 from 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm at Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre at 1380 Colonial Blvd., in Fort Myers. Tickets are $35 a person. Call (239) 322-6600 for more information or go to http://www.leehomeless.org/.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate