|Published:||Nov 04, 2010 5:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 04, 2010 2:09 PM EDT|
FORT PIERCE, Fla. (AP) - Former "Partridge Family" heartthrob David Cassidy has been charged with driving under the influence in Florida.
According to Florida Highway Patrol, Cassidy's car was stopped around 6 p.m. Wednesday on the Florida Turnpike for weaving and nearly causing an accident.
The FHP says Cassidy told a trooper that he had had a glass of wine at lunch and a hydrocodone pill at 3:30 p.m. Troopers reported finding a half-empty bottle of bourbon in the back seat of the car.
The FHP report states that Cassidy failed a field sobriety test, and breath tests at the St. Lucie County jail showed his blood-alcohol content at 0.139 and 0.141, above Florida's legal limit of 0.08.
Cassidy posted $350 bail and was released from jail early Thursday.
The 60-year-old actor lives in Fort Lauderdale.
- I-75 south lanes closed near Sarasota after crash
- Snitch Stoppers 239 founder arrested on drug charges
- Lehigh double murder suspect who fled will return to SWFL
- Fire breaks out at home where search warrant was served
- Police: Driver hits biker, drives with him on car
- Surveillance camera catches Citgo robbery suspect in the act
- Naples Botanical Garden Night Lights kicks off tonight
- iGeneration Charter School in Immokalee shuts down
- Service planned to remember missing Fla. mom, kids
- Soldier surprises his children in time for Christmas