|Published:||Nov 03, 2010 11:02 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 03, 2010 7:31 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - Lee County deputies are on the lookout for a burglar with a serious sweet tooth. A Lehigh woman says thieves stole hundreds of dollars worth of ice cream from her ice cream truck.
Don't be fooled by the cheery music, nothing sweet is being served out of Ashley Boza's ice cream truck. She says crooks cleared it out, taking off with 24 cases of ice cream.
"I mean what are you going to do with all this ice cream? I mean I know you can eat it, but you really waste your time stealing ice cream?" Boza said Wednesday.
Deputies say thieves pried open the truck's locked sliding door overnight Monday. But these crooks didn't get a dollar in cash, instead stealing about $500 worth of sweets.
"Everything that I had in snacks, chips, lollipops, Slim-Jims, just everything. They left the rack empty," Boza said.
Boza's truck was parked right outside her Lehigh Acres home during the burglary, while she and her husband slept inside. She's now hoping some clues left behind will help deputies catch the suspects sticky-handed.
"They did leave a trial down the road of different snacks and ice cream down the way," Boza said.
In the meantime, Boza's wheels aren't going anywhere. The thieves also took off with the truck's electrical converter that helps keep the freezers cold. She says even if she were to re-stock the sweets, there would be nothing but a melted mess.
"It was something that I did every afternoon, and I liked doing it. After this happened, it just kind of disappointed me completely," Boza said.
Lee County Sheriff's Office investigated the ice cream-crime scene, but no arrests have been made.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean