|Published:||Nov 03, 2010 4:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 03, 2010 1:11 PM EDT|
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - A Mississippi businessman has been arrested by FBI agents on 12 counts of wire fraud, tax evasion, and money laundering.
Federal authorities say 47-year-old Jeffrey L. Walker of Madison allegedly devised a scheme to defraud and obtain money from investors by making false representations relating to a Chinese resort project his companies were supposedly developing.
Federal agents said Walker allegedly had investors in Mississippi, Tennessee, Florida and Arizona make bank wire transfers to one of his companies and he converted parts of the money for his own personal use.
FBI Special Agent Daniel McMullen tells The Clarion-Ledger that Walker was arrested in Nashville, Tenn., on Tuesday.
It was not immediately known whether Walker has an attorney.
- North Fort Myers mobile home fire displaces family
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: Up to 20 whales moved to deeper water
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes