|Published:||Nov 03, 2010 10:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 03, 2010 1:44 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Michael Mckenzie Joyner, 53, has been arrested in connection with a hit-and-run vehicle crash that left three people injured at the Quarry in Golden Gate on Feb. 14.
Joyner, of Estero, turned himself in at the Collier County jail Tuesday on an active warrant charging him with leaving the scene of a crash-personal injury.
In February, deputies recovered the vehicle that was involved in a hit-and-run accident that left three people who were riding in a golf cart seriously injured.
Originally witnesses told deputies they saw a white sport utility vehicle, possibly a Chevy Tahoe, leave the scene of the crash, which occurred around 7:10 p.m. in the parking lot of the Quarry development in Golden Gate. However, further investigation by deputies led them to a red SUV, which they determined is the vehicle that was involved in the accident.
Deputies released photographs of the vehicle. From there, tips led to the arrest of Michael Joyner.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students