|Published:||Nov 02, 2010 8:19 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 02, 2010 5:19 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - The Lehigh Acres man accused of slashing his daughter's throat and murdering her infant son is off suicide watch. Manuel Rosales made an appearance in Lee County court Tuesday. His lawyers told a judge they aren't sure if he will be competent to stand trial. They are looking for a psychiatrist that speaks Spanish, but defense attorneys said he could go to trial as early as next summer. He's due back in court in January.
Ruben Deleon is set to stand trial for killing his wife and beating his stepdaughter in January. He appeared in court Tuesday after several delays. A judge wanted to make sure his trial is ready to go. A DCF worker failed to show up for questioning in the case - which is why the trial may still be moved back. Deleon's stepdaughter has a fractured skull from the beating, but survived.
Another accused murderer will have to wait until February to stand trial. Matthew Gullet is accused of strangling his girlfriend in Cape Coral and leaving her body in a shower for a week. Neighbors noticed the stench and called police. A judge did not have enough time for the trial this month when it was set. The date has been pushed back to late February.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 Miami-Dade officers shot, 2 suspects killed
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU