|Published:||Nov 02, 2010 6:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 02, 2010 3:13 PM EDT|
TITUSVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A central Florida man caught an alligator that measured more than 14 feet long.
The 14-foot, 3 1/2-inch male alligator was caught in Lake Washington in Brevard County on Sunday night. It weighed 654 pounds.
A Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission wildlife biologist says alligators over 14 feet long are rare in Florida.
It took three people more than two hours to catch the alligator and dock their boat.
- Rep. Trey Radel says he will not resign from Congress
- Driver suffers medical emergency, crashes into Cape home
- Cape murder/attempted suicide suspect released from hospital
- Man fatally shot in strip club parking lot
- Man reportedly tried to lure 11 y/o into his vehicle
- Teen allegedly behind 'smack cam' video appears in court
- McGregor Blvd.now open after vehicle hits pedestrian
- Man with SWFL ties makes FBI Most Wanted list
- Crash at controversial intersection with new traffic light
- 1 Florida Lotto player wins $46 million jackpot