|Published:||Nov 02, 2010 4:31 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 02, 2010 12:59 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Republican Gubernatorial Candidate Rick Scott voted in Collier County Tuesday. Scott and his wife voted at Saint Ann's Catholic Church.
A dozen supporters watched as he and his wife Ann cast their ballot.
Scott, a businessman and political outsider, has become a tea party favorite. He's also poured more than 75 million dollars into his campaign.
"This race is about jobs. We need jobs in this state. I'm going to be the jobs governor. I'm going to get this state back to work."
Scott is neck and neck in the polls with Democratic Candidate Alex Sink. She is the current Chief Financial Officer of the state and could be the first female governor.
Scott is making stops today in Jacksonville and in Tampa before heading to his rally in Fort Lauderdale to await the election results.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico
- E-911 System Out in Charlotte County
- Sports making their way back to Edison State College
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army