FORT MYERS, Fla. - During the month of November, WINK News Now This Morning will bring you "Common Cents" tips for holiday survival. Thanksgiving is only weeks away and we found some tips for making a satisfying meal without stretching your budget.
First, start looking for your turkey or ham a few months in advance if possible. Ham can be found for 99 cents a pound and turkey as low as 49 cents a pound in July or August. Just freeze the meat when you find a good deal.
Second, cut down on the number of dishes you serve. The more dishes you have, the more money you will spend. Include your favorites but cut the not so popular items or unnecessary extras.
Third, if you don't want to leave anything out, then just make less. There's always Thanksgiving leftovers because we make too much food.
Finally, clip those coupons. Coupons.com and Smartsource.com are great resources.
If you won't be able to make your family a Thanksgiving meal, reach out to local churches and charity organizations. If you know of a local organization that is helping families this holiday season, please leave a comment.
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America
- Venturi, US Open champion and CBS analyst, dies
- FMPD forced to pay back overtime
- Record tourist season adds 1,700 hospitality jobs in Collier
- Naples tops 'Healthy Living' poll
- Fl construction adds jobs