|Published:||Nov 01, 2010 3:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2010 12:53 PM EDT|
LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) - A 25-year-old central Florida woman who is four months pregnant is in critical condition after being shot outside a residence.
The Polk County Sheriff's Office says the woman, who has not been identified, and a cousin, gave a ride to a friend in Lakeland. When they arrived, the friend went inside the home.
That's when investigators say a man wearing black clothing approached the victim's vehicle and fired several shots, striking the pregnant woman in the torso, pelvis and left thigh.
Authorities say the suspect did not say anything before the shooting.
The victim's cousin moved her to the passenger's seat and drove her to Lakeland Regional Medical Center. Both the victim and her unborn fetus are in critical condition.
- Rep. Trey Radel says he will not resign from Congress
- Driver suffers medical emergency, crashes into Cape home
- Rep. Trey Radel speaks publicly on arrest, rehab and future
- Man reportedly tried to lure 11 y/o into his vehicle
- McGregor Blvd.now open after vehicle hits pedestrian
- Crash at controversial intersection with new traffic light
- Wawa, Chipotle and others come to South Ft. Myers
- Wildlife officials say pelican injuries are on the rise
- FDLE arrests 6 in connection with the inmate escape scheme
- Short in extension cord catches Christmas tree on fire