|Published:||Nov 01, 2010 3:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2010 12:53 PM EDT|
LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) - A 25-year-old central Florida woman who is four months pregnant is in critical condition after being shot outside a residence.
The Polk County Sheriff's Office says the woman, who has not been identified, and a cousin, gave a ride to a friend in Lakeland. When they arrived, the friend went inside the home.
That's when investigators say a man wearing black clothing approached the victim's vehicle and fired several shots, striking the pregnant woman in the torso, pelvis and left thigh.
Authorities say the suspect did not say anything before the shooting.
The victim's cousin moved her to the passenger's seat and drove her to Lakeland Regional Medical Center. Both the victim and her unborn fetus are in critical condition.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean