|Published:||Nov 01, 2010 5:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2010 2:15 PM EDT|
LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) - Investigators have determined the skeletal remains found in a wooded area behind a central Florida business are those of an adult female.
The Lakeland Police Department says the cause of death remains unclear. Authorities are consulting with a University of Florida pathologist to help identify the woman.
The remains were found Friday behind Snavely Forest Products in Lakeland. Police said they received reports of a foul smell coming from the area where the body was found.
Police were initially unclear if the remains were those of an adult or child.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigate trash compactor fire
- It's almost time to 'spring forward'
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool