|Published:||Nov 01, 2010 5:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2010 2:15 PM EDT|
LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) - Investigators have determined the skeletal remains found in a wooded area behind a central Florida business are those of an adult female.
The Lakeland Police Department says the cause of death remains unclear. Authorities are consulting with a University of Florida pathologist to help identify the woman.
The remains were found Friday behind Snavely Forest Products in Lakeland. Police said they received reports of a foul smell coming from the area where the body was found.
Police were initially unclear if the remains were those of an adult or child.
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples
- Florida A&M could have probation lifted
- Embry-Riddle invited to Sunshine State Conference