|Published:||Nov 01, 2010 3:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2010 12:42 PM EDT|
DESTIN, Fla. (AP) - Investigators say they arrested a Florida Panhandle bank robber after he made a big mistake: he dropped his wallet.
The Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office says 26-year-old Jorman Sampaio walked into Destin's Union State Bank on Thursday, brandished a handgun and ordered the employees to the floor. Deputies say he fled with $6,000.
While investigators searched the bank, a witness found a wallet nearby. Investigators showed the ID photo to bank employees, who thought it might be the robber.
They searched Sampaio's house and say they found a gun that appeared to be the one the robber used and cash.
Sampaio was arrested. He was being held Saturday at the county jail without bond. It couldn't be determined if he has an attorney.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme