|Published:||Nov 01, 2010 3:49 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2010 12:49 PM EDT|
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 67-year-old Kentucky man has died after crashing into a deer with his motorcycle.
The Florida Highway Patrol says George Taylor of Harrodsburg, Ky., swerved to try and avoid the deer but the two collided anyway on Saturday night near Myakka River State Park. The impact threw Taylor off his Harley, causing fatal injuries. Fellow rider, 65-year-old James Roe of Lexington, Ky., was also injured as he veered away from Taylor and the deer. Both men were taken to Bayfront Medical Center.
Traffic was backed up for several hours.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral