|Published:||Nov 01, 2010 7:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2010 4:13 PM EDT|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - An inmate at a South Florida jail has committed suicide.
Authorities say 33-year-old Charles Valerie made a noose out of a bed sheet at the Broward Sheriff's Office main jail. He was found hanging from the top bunk of his cell on Sunday. Authorities tried to revive him, but he was pronounced dead at the jail.
Authorities say Valerie was arrested Oct. 25 on charges of aggravated fleeing and eluding, grand theft, petit theft, car burglary and possession of burglary tools. He was awaiting trial.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- Fla. city ends program allowing backyard chickens
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Whales stranded in Fla.: From despair to optimism
- 1 killed, 1 injured in Orlando hit-and-run
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Baby born on side of expressway in Miami