|Published:||Nov 01, 2010 7:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2010 4:13 PM EDT|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - An inmate at a South Florida jail has committed suicide.
Authorities say 33-year-old Charles Valerie made a noose out of a bed sheet at the Broward Sheriff's Office main jail. He was found hanging from the top bunk of his cell on Sunday. Authorities tried to revive him, but he was pronounced dead at the jail.
Authorities say Valerie was arrested Oct. 25 on charges of aggravated fleeing and eluding, grand theft, petit theft, car burglary and possession of burglary tools. He was awaiting trial.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool