|Published:||Nov 01, 2010 10:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2010 7:23 PM EDT|
ENGLEWOOD, Fla. - An Englewood musician is getting some national notoriety for a song he wrote in the midst of the Gulf oil disaster.
Jack Mosely said he wrote "Drill, Baby, Drill" to express his anger about the complacent mentality behind offshore drilling.
We've just learned he's been selected by the L.A. Music Awards as the Producers' Choice for Debut Video of the Year.
He will fly to L.A. to walk the red carpet and receive his award in November.
100% of the proceeds from people downloading his song went to cleanup and rehabilitation efforts.
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed