|Published:||Nov 01, 2010 3:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2010 12:45 PM EDT|
BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A home health aide has been arrested for allegedly stealing money from a 92-year-old Brooksville woman.
Hernando County sheriff's deputies say the victim suspected 21-year-old Erica Krolak was responsible for stealing about $14,000 from her in recent months. She told investigators that she goes to the bank every few months to withdraw several thousand dollars to keep at her house.
When Krolak said she would visit Thursday, investigators say they set up a hidden camera and saw her sneak into a closet where the money was kept. They say she originally denied the thefts but admitted taking several hundred dollars at least twice when confronted with the video.
Krolak was arrested on charges of attempted grand theft and attempted exploitation of the elderly.
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- SWFL couple gives gift of Christmas to less fortunate
- WINK News gets answers for those with unemployment problems
- Lee rejects wording in animal ordinance; will revise it
- Make-A-Wish Grants boy's wish for a fish tank at his church
- Barbara B. Mann remembered at annual Holiday Carol Sing
- WINK Investigates what's at stake in Radel ethics probe
- iGeneration Charter School in Immokalee shuts down