|Published:||Nov 01, 2010 3:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2010 12:45 PM EDT|
BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A home health aide has been arrested for allegedly stealing money from a 92-year-old Brooksville woman.
Hernando County sheriff's deputies say the victim suspected 21-year-old Erica Krolak was responsible for stealing about $14,000 from her in recent months. She told investigators that she goes to the bank every few months to withdraw several thousand dollars to keep at her house.
When Krolak said she would visit Thursday, investigators say they set up a hidden camera and saw her sneak into a closet where the money was kept. They say she originally denied the thefts but admitted taking several hundred dollars at least twice when confronted with the video.
Krolak was arrested on charges of attempted grand theft and attempted exploitation of the elderly.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash