|Published:||Nov 01, 2010 4:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 01, 2010 1:30 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Charlotte County Sheriff's Major Crimes Unit detectives continue their investigation today after the body of a white female was found in a homeless camp in Port Charlotte Sunday afternoon.
CCSO received the call at 2:02 p.m. after two people found the body of the woman in the camp about 40 yards off Belmont Ave. and Lime St., between S.R. 776 and Murdock Middle School. MCU detectives said the body was removed and taken to the Medical Examiner's Office in Murdock where an autopsy is scheduled today.
Detectives remain on scene collecting information and evidence. No further details are being released at this time as the investigation continues. If anyone has information concerning this case, please call the CCSO at 941-639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school