|Published:||Oct 31, 2010 11:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 31, 2010 12:59 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - At approximately 6 p.m. Saturday night, the Fort Myers Police Department responded to a shooting that occurred in the 2100 block of South Street.
According to witnesses, James Timothy Fields Jr., was walking down the street when shots were fired from a blue car. He was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital in critical condition.
He later died as a result of his injuries.
Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend