|Published:||Oct 29, 2010 10:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 29, 2010 6:20 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - WINK News gives you the first look inside the jail cell where a massive explosion originated Thursday inside the Lee County Justice Center .
A construction crew says they were working on chipping away concrete to expose water and sewer lines for plumbers.
WINK News has learned electrical lines are supposed to be buried deep underground, but the one the worker hit was only a few inches beneath the surface. Other workers confirm the blast could have been deadly.
Monroe Street was shut down most of Thursday afternoon and the worker that hit the line was hospitalized along with several others. All have since been released.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend