|Published:||Oct 29, 2010 3:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 29, 2010 12:55 PM EDT|
HELSINKI (AP) - Finnish shipbuilders say the sister ship of the world's largest cruise liner has set sail for Florida and was expected to arrive in Miami in a few weeks.
The STX Finland shipyard says The Allure of the Seas sailed out on Friday morning. Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines took delivery of the vessel a day earlier at the Turku yard in southwestern Finland.
The vessel is the sister ship of the Oasis of the Seas which shipbuilders said is the world's largest cruise liner with 16 passenger decks and 2,700 cabins that can accommodate 6,300 passengers and 3,000 crew.
It was delivered to Royal Caribbean a year ago by the Turku yard.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral