|Published:||Oct 29, 2010 6:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 29, 2010 3:34 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla - See the work of some of the area’s young artists, at your library. Hundreds of children participated in the annual “Design a Bookmark” contest at the Lee County Library System. Their entries will be on display at Lee County Library System locations November 9 – 15.
Each year, the library invites local 3-5 graders to create bookmarks with a theme about reading. This year’s theme, “Blast Off with Books!” inspired a wide variety of ideas, according to Lee County Library System Program Coordinator, Voncile Williams.
“We received hundreds of bookmarks that represented the heights reading takes young people. Some of the winning artists expressed themselves with rockets and space ships, aliens and astronauts enjoying a good read,” Williams said.
Judges selected one winning design from each location. Those designs can be viewed on the Lee County Library System website http://library.leegov.com
Each of the winning artists will be invited to a special reception hosted by the Hotel Indigo in downtown Fort Myers on Friday, November 12 at 7 p.m. Here they will receive a supply of their bookmarks to share with friends and family as well as a gift card to Books-A-Million.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash