|Published:||Oct 29, 2010 3:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 29, 2010 12:53 PM EDT|
KEY WEST, Fla. (AP) - More than 60,000 revelers are expected in Key West for a decadent parade, the highlight of the 10-day Fantasy Fest.
The festival continues through Sunday with costume competitions, a masquerade march that begins at a cemetery and Saturday's parade of floats, costumed marching groups and Caribbean bands.
Costumed dogs, cats and exotic birds competed Wednesday evening in the Pet Masquerade. The animals on parade included a skateboarding service dog dressed as Superman, two Chihuahuas dressed as tacos and a Great Pyrenees sheepdog dressed as a giant panda.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday