|Published:||Oct 29, 2010 5:07 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 29, 2010 1:58 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Some Cape Coral convenience stores are selling more than just snacks and lottery tickets. Legal, synthetic drugs are on sale too.
The drugs in question have street names like K2, Spice and Mr. Nice Guy. They're often marketed as incense, but teens have figured out an alternate use... to get high.
Earlier this week, two Cape Coral teens had to be hospitalized after using the synthetic marijuana.
Right now, the substance is legal, but groups are teaming up to raise awareness about the harmful effects of the drugs.
The Cape Coral Police Department, Cape Coral Hospital and the Coalition for Drug-Free Southwest Florida are teaming up to bring parents attention to this growing problem.
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- BREAKING: Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Sailors take to the harbor for regatta
- Collier County Deputies Search For Missing Woman
- FSU accuser's attorney to hold news conference
- Bears take a swim in a Collier County pool