|Published:||Oct 29, 2010 4:08 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 29, 2010 1:08 PM EDT|
LARGO, Fla. (AP) - Two Tampa Bay-area children have been injured in separate accidental shootings.
The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office says a 22-year-old Largo man faces a charge of aggravated child abuse after shooting a toddler.
Detectives say the man unloaded his shotgun Thursday morning, pointed it at the 20-month-old girl and pulled the trigger, not realizing that a round remained in the weapon.
The child was hospitalized with non-lifethreatening injuries.
In Clearwater, the sheriff's office says a 6-year-old boy accidentally shot his 8-year-old brother Thursday evening. Detectives say an adult was showing the boys his guns, and the younger child grabbed one and pulled the trigger.
The 8-year-old was hospitalized with a leg injury. No charges were filed.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo