|Published:||Oct 28, 2010 5:00 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 28, 2010 1:41 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - C.A.R.E.S. 4th Annual Survivors Stepping Out 5k Walk - 'You plus 2' can help us "Bring Down The Wall".
This years event will be at: Lakes Regional Park, 7330 Gladiolus Dr. in Fort Myers on November 20, 2010 at 9 am. Registration starts at 9 am and the walk starts at 10 am.
This year C.A.R.E.S. is asking 'You Plus 2' to come out and help "Bring Down The Wall" that keeps suicide in the dark.
This event will be filled with outreach, support, education, and healing. Funds raised through the walk will directly benefit the programs C.A.R.E.S. offers, free of charge, to our community!
C.A.R.E.S. mission is to educate and support the members of the community on suicide prevention. In the United States, a person dies by suicide every 16 minutes, claiming more than 32,000 lives each year. 192,000 people become suicide survivors every year. It is estimated that an attempt is made every minute; with close to one million people attempting suicide annually.
This year we are doing things a bit differently in response to the feedback we have received. While we welcome everyone and encourage you to form teams with your family, friends, and co-workers, we ask that you each register individually. You can help support C.A.R.E.S. by fundraising, but it is never mandatory, and all gifts are tax deductible.
For more information visit http://www.caresprevention.org/.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash