|Published:||Oct 28, 2010 4:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 28, 2010 1:09 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Authorities are investigating a police shooting that left a 21-year-old robbery suspect dead.
The Orlando Police Department says 21-year-old Acrifa Soman robbed a GameStop Wednesday morning. He fled the scene in his mother's Ford Taurus but was found at a nearby intersection.
Police say Soman resisted officers and was shot.
He was taken to a nearby medical center where he was pronounced dead.
Four officers have been placed on administrative leave as authorities investigate the shooting. None were injured.
Soman's mother said her son had trained to become a
large-vehicle mechanic but couldn't find a job.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County