|Published:||Oct 28, 2010 11:49 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 28, 2010 8:49 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS. Fla. - Celebrated violinist Reiko Niiya will present “Shall We Dance – Reiko & Friends”, a concert to benefit the Southwest Florida Symphony Society on November 6, 2010 at the Royal Palm Yacht Club in Fort Myers. The concert, scheduled from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., is a celebration of favorite classical and pops music to be performed by Niiya and her musician friends.
As Concertmaster, Niiya is a popular entertainer both within and outside the Southwest Florida Symphony. With her charming and delightful sense of humor and warmth, Niiya calls upon audience members for surprising interaction with the musicians. Audience members are free to get up and dance or just sit back and enjoy the music. Music to be performed that evening includes “The Blue Danube Waltz” and “Shall We Dance” from “The King and I”.
The concert is $50.00 per person. To attend, please make a check payable to the Southwest Florida Symphony Society and mail to Nancy Hamann at 6542 Plantation Pines Blvd., Fort Myers, FL 33966- 1321. She can be contacted at 239-768-3275. Checks must be received by November 3rd.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption