|Published:||Oct 28, 2010 4:06 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 28, 2010 1:06 PM EDT|
INTERLACHEN, Fla. (AP) - Authorities have found the body of a missing north Florida toddler.
The Putnam County Sheriff's Office says the 17-month-old boy's body was found in a small pond on his family's property in Interlachen Wednesday evening. A dive team located his remains.
The boy had been playing in the yard when his mother reportedly lost track of him. Investigators say she reported him missing after not being able to find him for about 20 minutes.
The child's name has not been released. His death remains under investigation.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Fla. could increase private school vouchers
- Man gets life for fatally shooting ex-girlfriend
- Ukraine throws wrench into Obama vacation plan