|Published:||Oct 28, 2010 8:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 28, 2010 5:52 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A north Florida mother has pleaded guilty to shaking her baby to death after the boy's crying interrupted her game on Facebook.
Alexandra V. Tobias pleaded guilty to second-degree murder on Wednesday and remains jailed.
The Florida Times-Union reports that she told investigators she was angered because the boy was crying while she was playing the game FarmVille.
The paper also reports that she told investigators she shook the boy, smoked a cigarette to compose herself and then shook him again.
She will be sentenced in December. State guidelines call for 25 to 50 years, but a prosecutor said it could be shorter than that.
A telephone message and an e-mail sent by The Associated Press to her attorney weren't immediately returned.
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week