|Published:||Oct 28, 2010 8:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 28, 2010 5:52 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A north Florida mother has pleaded guilty to shaking her baby to death after the boy's crying interrupted her game on Facebook.
Alexandra V. Tobias pleaded guilty to second-degree murder on Wednesday and remains jailed.
The Florida Times-Union reports that she told investigators she was angered because the boy was crying while she was playing the game FarmVille.
The paper also reports that she told investigators she shook the boy, smoked a cigarette to compose herself and then shook him again.
She will be sentenced in December. State guidelines call for 25 to 50 years, but a prosecutor said it could be shorter than that.
A telephone message and an e-mail sent by The Associated Press to her attorney weren't immediately returned.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool