|Published:||Oct 27, 2010 8:17 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 27, 2010 5:18 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A 15-year-old charged in the assault of his flag football teammate during the spring 2009 season has been sentenced to probation.
On Wednesday, the teen was placed on probation until he is 19. He also was ordered to complete 100 hours of community service. He must also write the victim a letter of apology. The judge withheld adjudication.
The teen had pleaded guilty to third-degree felony battery in exchange for being sentenced as a juvenile.
Prosecutors say two teens used a hockey stick and broomstick to sexually assault their teammate while two others restrained him. Each of the defendants was initially charged as an adult with four counts of sexual battery.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash