|Published:||Oct 27, 2010 8:17 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 27, 2010 5:18 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A 15-year-old charged in the assault of his flag football teammate during the spring 2009 season has been sentenced to probation.
On Wednesday, the teen was placed on probation until he is 19. He also was ordered to complete 100 hours of community service. He must also write the victim a letter of apology. The judge withheld adjudication.
The teen had pleaded guilty to third-degree felony battery in exchange for being sentenced as a juvenile.
Prosecutors say two teens used a hockey stick and broomstick to sexually assault their teammate while two others restrained him. Each of the defendants was initially charged as an adult with four counts of sexual battery.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FSU students spend spring break 'serving the underserved'
- Former head of Harborside sues City of Ft. Myers