|Published:||Oct 27, 2010 4:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 27, 2010 1:56 PM EDT|
LOXAHATCHEE GROVES, Fla. (AP) - A South Florida high school student is hospitalized in serious condition after being hit by a school bus.
Palm Beach County Sheriff's spokeswoman Teri Barbera says the 17-year-old student was crossing the street in Loxahatchee when he was struck by the bus.
Barbera says the boy suffered a head trauma injury that is considered life-threatening.
No students were aboard the bus when the accident happened Wednesday morning.
The student's name has not been released.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers