|Published:||Oct 26, 2010 4:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 26, 2010 1:29 PM EDT|
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Gainesville police are looking for a man who broke out of a squad car.
Police identified the suspect Monday as 34-year-old Robert Franklin Ellis. He was wanted in Indian River County for a house burglary there. He now faces additional charges of escape, resisting arrest without violence, providing false information to police, theft and criminal mischief.
Police say Ellis escaped from the squad car Sunday after his initial arrest. He was also shot with a Taser gun. K-9 units are helping in the search.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral