|Published:||Oct 26, 2010 8:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 26, 2010 5:15 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - The Miami Herald has named a new executive editor.
Newspaper publisher McClatchy Co. promoted Anders Gyllenhaal to vice president for news and Washington editor. The Herald's managing editor, Aminda "Mindy" Marques Gonzalez, will replace him.
The announcement was made Tuesday in the Herald newsroom. The newspaper reported that Gyllenhaal's promotion was announced at the same time to journalists in McClatchy's Washington, D.C., newsroom.
Marques Gonzalez will be responsible for strategic leadership of all Miami Herald news operations in print, online and digital media.
Gyllenhaal will begin next week with McClatchy's senior management team.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing