|Published:||Oct 26, 2010 4:40 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 26, 2010 1:40 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities are determining the cause of death of an inmate found unresponsive at a jail in Tampa.
The 33-year-old inmate was not immediately identified Monday. The medical examiner and Hillsborough County authorities are conducting an investigation.
The inmate was found sitting on the floor in his confinement cell at the Falkenburg Road Jail Sunday evening during a routine check. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
A sheriff's office report says the inmate had been scheduled for transfer to the Florida State Hospital after being found mentally incompetent to stand trial on felony battery charges.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids