|Published:||Oct 26, 2010 6:14 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 26, 2010 1:39 AM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - A close friend is defending a Lehigh Acres man charged with sex crimes.
Investigators say Douglas Boone, 48, posed as his own nephew to exploit a 13 year-old girl on the Internet. However, his friend says the teen is to blame.
"He is a kind and decent human being," said the woman, who did not want to be identified.
She says Boone is not a monster.
The 48 year old was arrested last week. Investigators say he posed as a 17 year old, and persuaded a 13 year old Massachusetts girl to make explicit videos, that he later shared online.
She says Boone met the redhead in an adult chat room, and she led him to believe she was over 18. The girl later admitted to authorities she lied.
"They were seriously like, hours upon hours upon hours would be wasted with the 2 of them either Skyping online with one another, or if he was out and about, there were always text messages that came from her. She did the majority of texting," she said.
She says the teen was well-aware Boone was not 17. She says the two chatted face to face, and that was the extent of their relationship.
"He was about fantasy, it wasn't about reality, it wasn't about saying, 'I am going to buy this girl a plane ticket and fly her down to Florida.' He never met these girls in person."
She says Boone sent the girl sex toys, and the girl bought herself gifts like makeup and hair extensions with his credit card. The whole thing ended when the teens mother walked in on a chat session.
Weeks later, investigators were at his door.
"He is a kind and decent human being, he wouldn't hurt anybody intentionally ever, and that i think he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and it just spun from there, out of control from there," the woman said.
Despite the allegations, she says she'll stand by him until the end.
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Embry-Riddle invited to Sunshine State Conference