|Published:||Oct 26, 2010 4:58 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 26, 2010 1:58 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A newborn baby is dead after being attacked by a pit bull in Jacksonville.
Police say they were called to the baby's home about a dog attack late Sunday.
The newborn died at a hospital. Authorities have not released the baby's name.
Department of Children and Families spokesman John Harrell tells The Florida Times-Union that the state agency is working with police to investigate whether the baby was being supervised and whether the dog previously showed aggressive behavior.
City animal control officials tell WJXT-TV that the young dog has been euthanized.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent