|Published:||Oct 26, 2010 4:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 26, 2010 1:34 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - A daycare worker from north Florida is being held in jail on a manslaughter charge for the death of a 5-month-old.
The Leon County Sheriff's Office said 55-year-old Barbara Knight was arrested Monday and charged with the child's death. A sheriff's office report says she was taking care of the child on Sept. 17 at the Kids Club Preschool. The child was cold and unresponsive when deputies arrived. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
An autopsy report says the child died from blunt force trauma. The Tallahassee Democrat reports that an investigation by state welfare officials and other agencies showed that the child was under the sole care of Knight at the time of his death.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Interpreter for deaf at Mandela event called fake
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified