|Published:||Oct 26, 2010 10:54 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 26, 2010 10:02 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The Salvation Army of Lee, Hendry and Glades Counties is taking applications for the 2010 holiday season assistance program - Christmas Cheer.
Families who would like to receive assistance during the holidays must register and complete the application process.
Tuesday October 26, 9:00 am - Noon
Wednesday October 27, 9:00 am - Noon
Thursday October 28, 9:00 am - Noon
Thursday November 4, 9:00 am - Noon
Thursday November 4, 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Friday November 5, 9:00 am - Noon
Saturday November 6, 9:00 am - Noon
Applications are being accepted at the Salvation Army's headquarters at 10291 McGregor Blvd. You must bring these documents with you:
a) Valid Florida Driver's License or Lee County Picture ID
b) Social Security Card
a) Social Security Cards
b) Birth Certificates for Each Child
Plus proof of: a) Income & b) Benefits
Christmas Cheer is a community wide effort and is The Salvation Army's largest outreach event each year. Of the nearly 5,000 families served during The Salvation Army's Christmas Programs in 2009, over 50% of those families had never asked for help before. Therefore the need is expected to be even greater this year.
For registration information, or to volunteer to assist with applications or holiday bell ringing, contact The Salvation Army's offices at (239) 278-1551. Kettle sponsorships are also needed.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Fla. city ends program allowing backyard chickens
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Whales stranded in Fla.: From despair to optimism
- 1 killed, 1 injured in Orlando hit-and-run