|Published:||Oct 26, 2010 10:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 26, 2010 2:19 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - On Monday, the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office along with Charlotte County Fire Department was dispatched to 4 separate reports of arson. The incidents occurred between US 41 and Harbor Blvd, and ended at Aaron St. and Gertrude Ave area in Port Charlotte. Unknown subjects set fire to two dumpsters, a fence, and two Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office patrol cars were damaged as a result of the fire. The State Fire Marshall investigated the fires and classified them as arson.
The investigation is being worked jointly by the State Fire Marshall and the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Criminal Investigation Unit. At this time there is no indication that the fires were anything other than random. If anyone has information on the person or persons that caused the fires are asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or Criminal Investigation Unit at 258-3926.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Warrants detail accusations in Jameis Winston case
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes