|Published:||Oct 26, 2010 4:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 26, 2010 1:42 PM EDT|
AMELIA ISLAND, Fla. (AP) - Authorities are waiting to identify the person who died after a boat capsized off Amelia Island near Jacksonville.
A cause of death has also not been released.
The Coast Guard says it received a mayday call Monday afternoon from another boater reporting the 36-foot vessel Miss Alberta was taking on water and capsized about a half-mile from shore. A Coast Guard rescue crew arrived to find a mariner on another boat had pulled one body from the water and rescued a second person.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search