|Published:||Oct 24, 2010 1:43 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 23, 2010 10:43 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - A Crime Stoppers tip lead Lee County Sheriff's deputies to a robbery suspect.
Gregory Brock was wanted in connection with a Tuesday robbery in south Fort Myers.
The victim told authorities he left his house on Somerset Boulevard and walked to the gate to let a friend in. Deputies say a vehicle pulled up and a man jumped out, knocked the victim to the ground and punched him in the head and face repeatedly. The suspect grabbed the victim's wallet and gate card key, jumped into the vehicle and sped off.
Brock was found in a hotel room in south Fort Myers on Saturday night. He faces charges including robbery and aggravated battery.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme