|Published:||Oct 24, 2010 2:03 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 23, 2010 11:03 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The Lee County Sheriff's Office says two young children were rescued from a locked vehicle in Fort Myers Saturday afternoon. Their father has been arrested and is facing charges.
The two and three year old children were discovered inside a car with the windows rolled up outside the Best Buy store at Page Field Commons.
Rescue crews had to break the windows of the vehicle. The children were found sweating when they were pulled from the car. Deputies believe they were inside for about 40 minutes.
The Sheriff's Office says Camy Ostinvil of Cape Coral, the childrens' father, claims he lost track of time. He faces a pair of misdemeanor charges. The children are said to be in good condition and in the care of the Department of Children and Families.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend