|Published:||Oct 23, 2010 4:59 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 23, 2010 2:12 AM EDT|
IMMOKALEE, Fla. - A story you'll only see on WINK, a pregnant woman fights for her life, trying to get away from a man she says was trying to rape her. It happened in broad daylight on a desolate road in Immokalee.
The 23-year-old woman just moved to Immokalee three days ago. Still trying to get her bearings in the town, she accepted a ride from a stranger. It's a mistake she says could have cost her her life.
"He just stopped and said do you need a ride, and I said sure, could you give me a ride to Walmart?"
Brooke doesn't want to reveal her identity, because the ride she took Thursday afternoon has left her in fear.
According to reports, the man was in a white dump truck. He drove her to an area off of County Road 850.
"He's like well could you show me your breasts and I'm like no, I feel kind of uncomfortable now."
Brooke begged the man to take her back to the main road, but instead he got more physical. He said he would only drive her back if he got oral sex.
"He had me pinned down literally in the seat. And I'm leaned down and my feet are towards the door and I'm trying to kick the door open."
Every time Brooke got close to escaping, the man would slam the door shut.
"He was trying to rip my shirt off me. I'm like please don't do this to me I'm four months pregnant. I thought that he was going to rape me and possibly kill me."
After many minutes of fighting her attacker off, Brooke finally got out and ran as fast as she could to the main road.
"Shirt still untied, jumping up and down waving my hands."
A driver stopped and helped her call 911.
Brooke describes the attacker as a white man as early to mid 40s with a large belly and missing front tooth. He has a shaved head and was wearing a bandanna. She says he told her his name was Leroy.
The whole incident has left her afraid.
"I feel like I don't want to leave the house."
According to reports deputies do have a suspect, however they haven't released his name and no arrests have been made by the Collier Sheriff's Office yet.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school